Upupup, and Away!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The lights go out and I can't be saved."

2 posters

Go down

"The lights go out and I can't be saved." Empty "The lights go out and I can't be saved."

Post by Herbert Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

The Norse god of Mischief hunched his shoulders, shifting his sunglasses on his face. This time, he had gotten himself into very serious trouble, and didn't exactly believe their was even the tiniest glimmer of hope for him. And in a moment of panic, he had fled. Of course, he hadn't managed to get away before they had stitched his lips together. So, at that moment, he was terrified for his life, in a lot of pain, and just trying to survive. Loki was a shadow of who he once was, that was clear; Afraid, surely a deadman if he didn't find a way to get himself out of this situation, and on the run. The god shivered as he looked around at his surroundings. They weren't pretty in the slightest, and they only drove more fear into him. If someone in that part of town was to "take interest" in him, he doubted he would have the strength to fend them off. 

But alas, it didn't take long for one particularly mean-looking criminal to notice how much Loki stood out with the common rabble on this side of down. The god carried on walking, pretending as if he hadn't noticed, when in truth, he had found it hard not to stop and stare. He swallowed nervously as he heard the criminal's heavy boots and the clanging of the pipe he was carrying hitting the ground behind him. In another moment, Loki was on the ground, wanting to scream in pain but unable to do so given that his lips had been sewn together. The criminal stood above him, heavy pipe in hand. "C'mon, hand yer money over!" He growled, raising the pipe. Loki shielded his face from the blows that were undoubtedly going to come, given that he had no money and had no way to explain that to the mugger.

A muffled scream sounded as his assailant struck Loki with the pipe across the side, undoubtedly breaking something, the god figured it was one or two of his ribs. The man jabbed Loki with his weapon a considerable amount of times before giving up, realizing that his victim had nothing to give him. The mugger ran off, leaving Loki bruised, bleeding and broken in an alleyway. He wanted desperately to call out for help, on the off-chance that someone was around that would help him, however he couldn't even try. Loki considered what might happen if he didn't get help soon and the possibilities weren't very soothing at all. The first one, he had figured, was that he would get some sort of nasty infection, but wouldn't die from it, putting him in an unbearable amount of pain. The second thing was that he would manage to not get infected, but Thor or another Asgardian, would come to retrieve him, as he was an escaped prisoner.

And the last possibility, which seemed to be the best at that moment, was that he would die in some way, be it painful or painlessly, though it would most likely be in excruciating pain. 
Herbert
Herbert
Supreme Overlord of the Supreme Overlords

¤ : 21829
Birthday : 0800-12-20

Back to top Go down

"The lights go out and I can't be saved." Empty Re: "The lights go out and I can't be saved."

Post by Moose Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Tony walked the streets at the bad side of town. He was here for... well, he doesn't really need to tell you, does he? Tony thought he had heard a muffled scream somewhere in one of the darker ally's. He looked in the direction and saw a guy with a bloody pipe running from an ally. His hand went to his wrist. "Deploy" He muttered, hoping Jarvis was smart enough to get the suit to him. After a few seconds, he could see his head over the buildings. Or would it be his helmet? Oh well, it was coming, anyway. He started down the ally once his suit was assembled. There were random drops of blood, and a few weak squeals. Finally he found the source of the problem.

There was a crumpled figure on the ground. Tony barely recognized the god without his reindeer helmet and ridiculous armor. It was a rather depressing sight. He just lie on the ground with his mouth stitched closed (That could not be a bad thing), and at least 4 broken bones, from the way his ankle was bent and the odd indention in his side. "Oh, Loki, what have you gotten yourself into?" Tony muttered, kneeling down next to the crippled god and lifting his helmet. "Aren't you supposed to be, like, immortal?" He asked, a smug look on his face. He couldn't tell if Loki were glad or annoyed that Tony had found him this way, hard to tell with the stitching of the mouth, That should be a movie, he thought silently.

Tony put the helmet back over his face. "Jarvis, get me... the Norse god of Healing, whoever that would be. And maybe some scotch." Tony said, looking down at the crumpled figure of the sad-looking Norse god.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

¤ : 21911

Back to top Go down

"The lights go out and I can't be saved." Empty Re: "The lights go out and I can't be saved."

Post by Herbert Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Loki looked up at he heard someone coming down the alley. He couldn't really get a good look at them, given the blood running down his face from a nasty gash in his forehead, the black eye he'd managed to get, and the strands of dark hair that had fallen into his eyes. But, he could have recognized that voice anywhere. The god's green eyes widened as Tony continued to come close, figuring that he had come to either finish Loki off or take him into custody. He attempted to move away from the hero, but soon realized that he was in too much pain and that, so far, Tony hadn't given any indication as to what he was going to do. Which might be good, the god was really too terrified to think anything through. Loki did, however, know how lucky it was for the mechanic that the Jotun was unable to speak, for he had a lot of very unpleasant remarks to make about the man's comments.

Loki looked at the ground in shame. He had never meant for any well thought of and very famous hero to find him, for the embarrassment would most likely be unbearable. In fact, the god figured that he had gotten "rescued" by the worst possible hero. But at least it was looking as if he wasn't going to die out there in that alley. He was a god, he would rather die in some other more appropriate way. He also wanted to have last words, not last hardly audible mumbles. Loki then made the stupid decision to try and stand. As soon as he gripped the wall and put pressure on his broken a ankle a muffled scream sounded as he fell back to his knees, scraping them on the concrete and scratching his hand on a nail protruding from the wall he had used for support. 

Loki looked up at Tony from the ground with a look that read crystal-clear desperation. He hoped that the hero got that it was the god's way of asking him for help, given that he couldn't speak.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Tony waited for Jarvis to reply. He looked down at Loki. As the god of evil and mischief, he wasn't doing a very good job at portraying it. Tony bent down next to Loki, taking in all of the wounds on the sad little god. "How on earth do you get your lips stitched together? I mean, I'm not complaining, but seriously. Are the Norse gods that extreme? I liked the little muzzle we had for you in the New York incident." He said, mostly trying to annoy the god at his feet.

Finally, Jarvis spoke from the helmet. "Sir, I have only found some information on a goddess of healing. She is Eir." Tony narrowed his eyes. "Ear?" He asked. If AI's could roll their eyes. Jarvis just did. Jarvis spoke again. "No sir, Eir. E-i-r. The goddess of health and healing. She played no important part in mythology, as far as I can see. But she is Madam Frigg's physician." There was a mild look of confusion on Tony's face. "Who told you to call her 'Madam' Frigg? And her physician?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Loki pretended to ignore Tony, though in truth the hero was making the god rather angry. Stupid mortal... When I get out if this mess he will undoubtedly not exist in this demension... He thought. The god debated on strangling Tony, but soon decided it would would hurt him more than it would the other man. Loki hated being helpless. Ever since Thor's coornation, he had been the kind of person to help only themself. Other people were irrelevant, and his "family" was especially out of the question. To the few who would actually pity him, they would see a lonely shell of a once caring and cared for being, that simply wanted some sort of affection. But, to the majority of people and beings alike, he was nothing more than a heartless villain who cared for nothing, and nothing at all. Loki hated both of those kind of people. He wasn't lonely, or at least denied every accusation that was made, and he did care for a very select few things that he would never admit to. 

Loki glared at Tony, appearing extremely agitated, but still appearing to be in a lot of pain. He couldn't help but to give the hero who was attempting to help him a crazy look when he continued to believe that a Norse god would actually help. Possibly Thor, but so far he was nowhere to be seen. Loki wanted desperately to tell him against his plans so far, but the god knew his efforts would prove fruitless and only put him into more pain. So, the Jotun was already considering himself dead. Or at least until Tony would realize just how completely idiotic his plan actually was.

Last edited by Loki on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 am

The god of mischief was giving tony a look of serous disappointment. "Would you just like me to take you to a mortal hospital?" Tony asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He wasn't sure if the god would get it, because his brother sure wouldn't have. If the god nodded yes, Tony was going to laugh, and do what he said, because of the look the mortal doctors and nurses would give them as they walked in. The look of amazement when the legendary Tony Stark walked in, and the look of disgust at the evil thing that destroyed New York he was trying to save. Loki wouldn't appreciate that, which was another reason Tony wanted him to say yes.

"What, do you not like 'Madam' Frigg's physician?" Tony asked when Loki gave him an extremely agitated look. "Okay, I'll just leave you here if you'd rather me. It makes no difference. Those crow bar guys will be happy to beat you up until they die, sense you can't." The philanthropist gave a mischievous smile to the god of mischief, ironic? no, not at all.

Tony stood and started walking away. Jarvis started talking through the Helmet. "Sir,I have just received inelegance that there has been an extreme power outage in your tower." A puzzled expression appeared on his face. "Not possible..." The billionaire said, shaking his head. "Not quite sir, Ms. Pots has once again shut down the system. You have been gone for several days, sir." Jarvis was a machine, but Tony had programmed him to have human-like tones. At this moment, he sounded impatient and had the proud and had that whole 'I told you so.' Ring to his voice. Tony did not appreciate it.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:14 am

Loki glared rather viciously. At that moment, the god had so many very nasty things to say. However, when he considered his options, the hospital seemed to be the best one. The worst thing would be the looks and the comments, but it wasn't as if he wasn't used to them. Ridicule had always been something he had been the recipient of. Loki moved slightly and a quiet hissing noise could be heard coming from the stitches. Hospital... hospital... hospital? He considered, tensing as pain coursed through his body.

Loki closed his eyes for a moment, simply to restrain himself from lunging at the hero. Tony, obviously, wasn't as smart as he thought himself to be. Gods could die... It would just take time... And a lot of pain generally. The Jotun dug his nails into his palms, eyes still closed rather tightly.

Loki eyes shot open as he heard Tony begin to walk away. He waited until JARVIS had finished informing the mechanic of the power condition before doing something he had no doubt that Tony would never let either of them forget. Despite the pain, Loki moved forward, his thin and pale fingers just barely grasping the other man's ankle. The god put himself through even more pain, the simple movement bringing him to an unbearable amount of it. A louder hiss came from the stitches as he slowly looked up at Tony, eyes narrowed. The God of Mischief then nodded, signalling that yes, the only thing he could do to keep himself alive was go to the "mortal hospital".
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Tony jumped slightly when Loki grasped his ankle. He wasn't sure why, it surprised him, but it did. He had half expected the god to shake his head, not nod it. He tried not to let a surprised expression appear on his face, but it did. He quickly hid it with one of pride. It wasn't as hard as you would think.

After much difficulty trying to lift the HUD without severely hurting him, Tony formally gave up. The god was much too injure to be lifted without writhing in pain. The metal suit probably didn't help the situation.
"Jarvis, call an ambulance for Mr. Laufeyson, and tell them to bring me a drink.
"Right away sir." Tony was almost satisfied, but the god didn't look at all satisfied. Probably had something to do with the desperate ankle grab, or maybe he just wanted to go back to Asguard, or maybe the other tell is why the god was at Tonys feet.
"So, Assguard was staring to annoy you." Asked the billionaire, sitting on the ground next to the god. His pronunciation was totally intentional.

Soon enough, Tony heard the ambulance sirens wailing in the distance. He knew they didn't like coming to this part of town, but they were just going to have to suck it up. And they would, considering Tony Stark's AI was calling them and telling them that Iron Man was trying to save the poor old god Loki (Jarvis' words, not his) and needed their help.

He could see the red and blue lights now, approaching swiftly from the left. He looked down at Loki, as if to tell him that he would be okay, and the doctors (all thirteen of them) were going to make him feel okay.

OOC: Were you aware that the acronym for J.A.R.V.I.S. in the movies sands for Just a Rather Very Intelligent System?

Last edited by Russia on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Loki ignored Tony's comment about Asgard (though it was true) as he was in way too much pain to really care. He just didn't want to die. He groaned slightly at the sirens, despising the noise coming from them. Loki was forced to remind himself that the sirens were actually the sound of the only chance he had to get his pathetic ass out of the situation.

It sickened him to know that the only people at that moment who were actually concerned for him at that moment were a team of mortal medical professionals (only because they're forced to care) and Anthony Edward Stark of all people and of all the beings he considered his enemies. Mayhap I should stop trying to kill him after this... Loki thought, not necessarily dismissing the idea.

Loki opened his eyes slightly, only to see Tony giving him a reassuring look. Oh, don't do that... I must kill you... I can't if you're actually going to genuinely care... He grumbled in his head, quickly shutting his green and rather dim eyes as the lights became visible. The god tensed out of worry, only making himself hurt more. He didn't know what to expect and quite frankly, he was rather terrified of what might happen. Loki realized it was way too late to rethink his decision.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Tony saw an expression of deep discomfort on Loki's face, as if he were ever comfortable. He decided to stop being supportive and nice, because it really wouldn't help in the long run. The god on the ground before him would eventually forget about this moment, if the scars would let him. Tony was actually feeling sorry for the guy, his mouth was freaking sewn shut. He wasn't grateful for that, but he didn't really mind it. He was sure the god would be bugging the crap out of him. 'Oh, I'm Loki, I have an army, bleh bleh bleh.' The thought made Tony smile.

The ambulances arrived in a matter of minutes. The man driving did a double take when he saw Tony sitting on the ground, but brushed it aside easily. Two men in white uniforms picked Loki up on a stretcher. They carried him into the back of the truck. Tony climbed aboard as well, and the doctors didn't argue.
One nurse rode in the back of the car, along with one doctor, tending to the bleeding wounds until they reached the hospital. The nurse wasn't necessarily helping much, she just stood in the corner, looking at Tony as he sent her some strange and uncomfortable looks. Tony cleared his throat, and turned his attention to the Doctor who was trying to address him.
"Sir, would you fill out that form?" He said to Tony, gesturing toward the nurse, who was quietly trying to hand Tony a form to fill out. She didn't look very old, maybe about 25, probably just graduated.
Tony looked back to the form. The first question was Patients full name __________ Which wasn't really a question. Tony didn't know Loki's full name, and thus the complications started.

OOC: I don't really know how long this is :/
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Loki's eyes were still shut tightly as the ambulance arrived. He didn't want to see a thing, worried it would only make him more afraid in this whole ordeal. He found it increasingly difficult to understand why Tony was the only thing at least distantly comforting to him at that moment. Things like that were just difficult for the god to wrap his head around. In fact, any sort of the slightest compassion shown to him was difficult for him to understand, but he didn't take much mind to it.

He was currently just wondering what the hell was going on around him. Loki had managed to keep his eyes closed, even as he was put onto a stretcher and into the ambulance, which had hurt quite a bit. The god slowly opened his eyes after a while, his vision a bit blurry. Loki blinked and moved his gave, spotting Tony right next to him. That surprised him and it showed as his eyes widened slightly. The god was honestly just expecting the hero to leave him once the ambulance came, figuring Tony would think that he was going to be fine. Apparently, that was not the case. Loki would have given Tony a smile of gratitude, but he couldn't. Loki gave a small noise that sounded a bit like a sigh as he closed his eyes again, relaxing a bit. The hospital wasn't as scary of a thing now that he knew there was going to be someone there for him... Or at least, the god hoped so. He opened his eyes again to see Tony take the form from a nurse. Loki tried to get a glimpse, but failed, not aware of the difficulty the mechanic was having with it.  
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:54 am

Tony looked sideways at the helpless little god on the stretcher. What is your name... He wanted to ask, but... he felt like he should know the gods name. Well, at least he knew the four letters of his first name. Tony looked down and scribbled Loki on the line provided with his less-than-neat handwriting. He noticed Loki had opened his eyes. Tony thought to ask him his name while he was having issues, but just decided to move on to the next 'question' Patients Age _______ Oh boy... Tony bit his lip and just wrote. Immortal-ish on the line. At that point, Tony had decided to give up and tell the nurses that their patient was a GOD! And Tony knew nothing about him.

They arrived at the hospital fairly quickly. The building didn't look like much, and it looked like a few of the windows had been broken a while ago and no one cared to fix them. The building consisted of two hospital towers connected by an office building between them. The right tower looked extremely neglected, because the left tower was pristine white. Almost all the windows were intact, and the entrance looked new. "We are going the left tower." Tony said, standing up to his full height (which wasn't really that tall, but you get the nurses were short...).
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Loki returned Tony's gaze as the man noticed he'd opened his eyes. He was honestly a bit worried about what exactly he'd written down on the form thus far. The god soon brushed the thoughts away, deciding it best not to worry about such trivial things. Besides, it was Tony Stark the hospital staff was going to have to deal with should anything happen. That surely wouldn't be the best thing to have to deal with. Loki looked back at the form, or at least the back of it, still wondering what exactly Tony had written down. He gave sort of a questioning look but soon just closed his eyes and relaxed again upon instructions from one of the nurses. Loki opened his eyes a bit as Tony returned the form to the nurse and managed to get a glimpse of it, having to hold pack a small laugh given how much pain even that would cause him.

Loki closed his eyes again, rather tense. The god only opened his eyes again as he felt a change in the ambulance's speed. He looked out the window as best he could laying down. The worry soon came back again, seeing the hospital. Of course, it wasn't because of the hospital's physical appearance, but simply the fear of what was actually going to happen to him. Tony was still there but Loki was almost certain that he wouldn't be for much longer. Still, at least the man was there for now. He looked over at the hero as he stood up, a bit concerned about why he was doing so. Loki attempted to smile at the man, hearing his words. The god made a small hissing sound almost immediately after he tried to however, the simple action causing him pain. At least I know he actually cares...
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:15 pm

As they neared the building, Tony began to realize maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Loki was a god, a god who had tried to take over the world not two months ago. Tony didn't want any of the doctors to freak out because the person they were trying to fix was healing faster than any normal human. Or at least he didn't die when they accidentally poke some sort of vital organ, which would hopefully never happen anyways, but they'res always a chance.

Tony barely even noticed when the nurses started to carry Loki off the ambulance. The god didn't look as if he had noticed either, actually, so tony guessed it was okay. "This is such a weird day..." Tony said as he stepped off the ambulance and followed the nurses
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum